We had our first official meeting on Wednesday and we were lucky enough to be joined by Coordinator for Madison’s Garbage and Recycling, George Dreckmann! He stopped by to see how we were doing, stayed for the meeting and shared a Nugget of Greenness with us! Thank you George!
This week’s opportunities:
- Badger Bioneers at Regional Sustainability Conference: On Tuesday November 5th you can side up to be a group facilitator for participants. Great resume builder! Sessions include: “Driving Sustainability Innovation with Design Thinking”, “Communicating to Inspire Change and Sustainability”, “Aligning Stakeholders’ Values to Your Vision”
- Society for Ecological Restoration’s 5th Annual Conference: The conference will be held Sunday October 6th 10am-5pm and admission is FREE for volunteers, a $175 value. Sign up by emailing, email@example.com by Friday night
- Green Core Fellowship: This opportunity is open to graduates and graduating seniors. It is a paid fellowship to learn how to do grassroots community organizing. For this great opportunity fill out an application by October 11th
- Farm Mob at Scotch Hill Farms: Sunday the 29th, we’ll be leaving from the service building (Charter and University) at 11 AM and we’ll be back by 4. Please sign up so we know how many people to accommodate for transportation. Remember Farm Mobs get you to Honored Member status!
- Social and Educational Event: Elise is driving to Milwaukee this weekend for the grand opening of the Milwaukee Rotary Centennial Arboretum this Saturday the 28th. She is leaving at 9:30 and has room for 6.
Stay tuned for news about a trip to Devils Lake, Mugs on the Mall and our semester Bake Sale! Study hard and stay green REthinkers!