We are so excited for this semester! It was awesome to see so many new faces, and returning faces, at our kickoff meeting Wednesday September 18th. One take away from our meeting last week: If you are interested in implementing a new campaign we can help make it happen!
In case you missed the meeting and are wondering about REthink, here are some key parts about us:
- No DUES!
- Commit as much or as little as your schedule allows, we are just happy to have you!
- Regular members
- 5 meetings
- 5 volunteer hours
- Honored Members (check out our Honored Member page on this website)
- 8 meetings
- 8 volunteer hours
- Volunteer at least one time at either Farm mobbing/Athletics clean up (Camp Randall or Kohl Center)
We’ll always have volunteer opportunities listed in each meeting’s minutes as well as here online. Anyone can sign up, even people who have never been to a meeting! Volunteering is a great way to network, get involved, and take a break from the library and homework-yuck! Here are the current volunteer opportunities:
- Camp Randall Recycling Program: The next home game is October 12th against Big Ten neighbor Northwestern. Look for a link in the next couple weeks to sign up to volunteer at this event.
- Homecoming: Last year was the first time REthink had a float in the Homecoming Parade. If you’d love to be in the parade this year, we’re looking for ideas for a float or sign or whatever people come up with this year. Be creative!
- Farm Mobbing: Want to help out local farmers? Sign up for one of our Farm Mobbing events.
- Bottle Free Badgers: Our continuing campaign to get rid of single use water bottles on campus needs your help! Sign our petition if you haven’t already and invite your family and friends to sign it as well. We’re trying to get 1/4 of campus to support our cause.
Check your email or back here at our website for the meeting location for Wednesday the 25th. We’re hoping to return to our home in Science Hall. Have a great week everyone!