Thank you to everyone who came by last meeting and listened and asked Jack Kloppenburg questions. He is a great resource on campus and everyone should feel free to go talk to him about school or real world topics. Here is what we have coming up the next few weeks:
Bottle Free Badgers:
- We have created a survey for our water bottle campaign, please take the survey and feel free to send it on to friends around campus.
- Earth Day is April 22nd and to celebrate we will be handing out reusable water bottles at Union South to discourage people buying plastic water bottles. We need volunteers to help out all day for this event.
- As always make sure to encourage your friends to sign the petition and support our campaign!
- Coming up we have farms mobs on the 21st and 27th. Stay tuned for details on these events in the coming weeks.
- Monday the 8th at 7:00 in Room 15 Science Hall 350.0rg Madison will be hosting a teach in about the Keystone XL pipeline.
Ecological Restoration at Badger Ammunition Plant:
- April 13th from 9am until 12pm we will be volunteering at this historical geological site. To figure out carpooling please fill out this doodle and RSVP at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Earth Day Conference:
- On April 15th the Menona Terrace is hosting many speakers including Jane Goodall. There is a charge for going but not if you volunteer! Email Nik at email@example.com for more information.
Mugs on the Mall
- April 24th from 8am until 11:30am we will be giving out free coffee to anyone who has a reusable mug. We will need volunteers throughout the morning so stay tuned for a sign up doodle.
- On April 28th from 11am until 1pm we will be going around the lakeshore cleaning up the lake. Hopefully we will use canoes to actually get right on the lakeshore. We will need volunteers for this event so plan ahead and make sure you’re available to help that Sunday!
Late Night Bake Sale
- Everyone’s favorite event is going to be on May 2nd (the Thursday before Mifflin). We will need bakers to make and package baked goods and we will need volunteers from 10pm until 2am that night. This is always a super fun event and even if you cant volunteer you should stop by for the fun!