Welcome back REthinkers! We hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving break full of good food, family and friends. Since we’ve been back to school there have already been lots of events going on.
Slow Foods teamed up with Chipotle to show “American Meat” at the Union South Marquee. Bill McKibben was in town on Thursday to talk about carbon emissions. The Energy Hub Conference was Friday from 8 until 3 promoting new energy technology such as solar and wind.
- Saturday November 30th: We are having a work day at the Arboretum. Meet at the Arboretum at 9:00 and we’ll volunteer until 12. Sign up here if interested.
- Monday December 3rd: We’re having a trash audit of Mechanical Engineering Hall. Meet there at 9:30. Teaching Waste Management is also going to West High School to give a presentation about REthink to broadcast to the community and get more people involved. Email Eva if you are interested: email@example.com
- Saturday and Sunday December 8th and 9th: We will be working on the Ice Age Trail at Table Bluff. We’re meeting at 8:15am. You wont want to miss this event, there might be a controlled burning if conditions are right 🙂 Sign up here if youre interested.
- Sunday December 9th: Our Just Coffee Fundraiser ends on the 9th, check the email for the form sheet and have checks made out to REthink Wisconsin.
- Wednesday and Thursday December 12th and 13th: Sustain Dane Badgers Bioeers Conference. We need 8 volunteers and you get to attend the conference for free (a $65 value). Email Ellery, firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
Wisconsin Environment has a position open if youre looking for a job. Megan came to speak to us during our weekly meeting. Apply for Environment American Fellow by emailing Megan: email@example.com
Basketball and Hockey games have begun and REthink will be expanding our recycling program to the Kohl Center. There is a Basketball game on Sunday December 2nd and a Hockey game on November 30th. Sign up here for all the games during the season.
ASM Sustainability Committee has a meeting on December 5th at 4:30, email the REthink account if more information.
Ya-Ya Donations will be accepted until next weeks meeting, December 5th. Please bring used women’s running equipment: shoes, sports bras, and shorts.