Yes! Its finally Thanksgiving! It seems like its been a very busy but also very productive semester for most of you REthinkers and we are all very proud of all the time you’ve put in and the work that you’ve done. Before we leave for break there are few events that you can get involved in:
- Camp Randall Recycling: ITS THE LAST FOOTBALL GAME! We play Ohio State who are not only our rivals in football but also in recycling. The game Saturday, November 17th at 2:30. Reach that honored member status before heading home by signing up here.
While you are home be sure to remember:
- Just Coffee Fundraiser: Every year we sell coffee, tea, and hot chocolate from Just Coffee a local coffee roaster. (This is the same place we get our coffee for Mugs on the Mall). Be sure to talk to friends and family over break to see if they would like any packages. Please remember to collect money because we do need that up front.
- YaYa: What a great project for the holiday time! We are collecting running and exercise equipment for women to send to Ethiopia. Look around your house and also be sure to ask your friends and family at home if they have anything they can donate. We will be collected until our meeting on December 5th.
When we get back from break:
- Slow Food is collaborating with Chipotle to show the documentary “American Meat” at the Marquee at Union South. This event is November 28th at 7 pm, right after our weekly meeting.
- Bill McKibben is coming to Madison on his “Do the Math” tour for the 350 project. Get your ticket by signing up here, you should receive a confirmation ticket after your ticket is secured.
- The Energy Hub Conference will be held on November 30th for 8:30 am until 3:30 pm at the Wisconsin Institute of Discovery (WID). The theme is “Fossil Fuel Usage”. Anyone who is doing research that relates to this theme is invited to apply for the chance to present their topic at the conference. All research participants receive $100 and the winner of the presentation receives an additional $100! This is a great place to meet new people and network for future work.