I don’t know how many people have really notice how gorgeous Madison is in the fall. Sure its a little cooler but when you get a chance, go down Lakeshore Path or to the Lake and just look out over the lake at the beautiful different colors the trees are, especially Picnic Point!
Okay I am done with my nature enjoyment, its time to get down to business because we have a couple HUGE events coming up! First thank you to everyone who helped clean up after listening to President Obama speak, very cool event! At our last trash audit at Ingrahm Hall, 31% of the materials in the trash could have been recycled. At the Farm Mob last 13 volunteers assisted Rachel in helping out down on the farm-way to go!! The trip to the Zoo was a great success and they were able to locate the adorable Red Panda, no easy task.
WE NEED THE MOST HELP WITH:
- HOMECOMING PARADE!: Homecoming is a super fun week, but because of everything else we have going on we’ll just be participating in the Parade which is on October 26th (more details on the time are to come). We have decided on the float idea and will need people to help volunteer in the construction of the pieces. Sign up here if you are interested in helping out even if its just for one day-we need lots of help!
- ALSO ANYONE CAN HELP WITHOUT COMING BY COLLECTING RECYCLED MATERIALS TO USE ON THE FLOAT! JUST BRING WHAT YOU COLLECT TO THE MEETINGS. WE ALSO NEED LIGHTS, SPEAKERS FOR MUSIC, AND IF ANYONE IS VERY CREATIVE WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ATTACH EVERYTHING!
- Camp Randall Recycling: The game this Saturday is against Illinois! We need volunteers so we can show the rest of the Big Ten what we’re all about! Sign up here if you’re interested!
- Late Night Bake Sale: We will be having a bake sale on State Street on October 25th. We need late night volunteers from 12-2AM or whenever we run out of baked goods. Sign up here to either bake something or come volunteer. Remember, it’s not your average bake sale!
- Dodgeball Tournament: Surprise! its not ultimate frisbee anymore, instead it is the fast paced game of dodgeball on November 11th from 12 until 3 PM. It will be held at the SERF, more details about this event to come.
- Xavi in Ethiopia: We got a little bit of interested towards the end of the meeting but we need your help so we can assist Xavi (an old co-chair of REthink). We will be running a running shoes and sports bra drive for girls to play sports in Ethiopia. Very cool project! Contact Joe if you are interested!
- Mugs on the Mall (MOTM): On November 7th starting at 7 in the morning and going until 11AM we will be giving out free coffee and hot chocolate to anyone who has a REUSABLE MUG. We will be partnering with Just Coffee for this event, they are a locally owned coffee cooperative on the East side of Madison. We need help marketing this event-more details to come.
- Growing Power: We are planning a trip to Growing Power in Milwaukee on November 10th. Growing Power is an urban farm community in the city. Plan on leaving around 7AM and returning around 2PM (this includes travel). Sign up here, especially if you have a CAR because we really need transportation!
- Slow Food Cafe: We will be volunteering at the Slow Food Cafe on October 24th from 11:30 until 2 PM, we will also be helping to prep the food before the Cafe is open. This is a great experience and chance for amazing food!
- FARM MOB: Don’t worry I didn’t forget the favorite, the next Farm Mob is Sunday October 14th. If you’re interested in going, sign up here.
- Campus Clean-up: On October 21st many student organizations will be participating in a Campus Clean-up. We will be helping form 5:30 until 6:30. More information to come at the next meeting.