Hey there REthinkers! We had a packed meeting on Wednesday night, thank you to everyone who came out and thank you to Rachel for making amazing snacks! There are a lot of events for people to help out with in the next month so even if you just have an afternoon or two, come out and help! 🙂
The two big events coming up:
REfill Frisbee Tourney: We are looking to host this event in the next coming weeks but need people to help plan it. We’re having a meeting on Tuesday the 2nd at Lakefront on Langdon at 6:00 to brainstorm and plan. Come by and help us out!
Homecoming: We have registered and will have a float in the HOMECOMING PARADE! We need to come up with a design and a plan on how to build and decorate the float. We are having a meeting on Oct. 2nd at 5:00 at Lakefront on Langdon. Please stop by and help us brainstorm!
In other news:
- Teaching Waste Management: We will be conducting trash audits every week for the rest of the semester. Look for an email to come out about the date and time of our next one!
- Camp Randall Clean up: The next football game is October 6th. We need lots of volunteering for this game because it begins the competition against other Big Ten schools. Sign up if you’re able to help out!
- REfill: Mugs on the Mall will be in November, more information on this event to come after Homecoming!
- Bake Sale: Our semester fundraiser will be on October 25th. We will be starting around 10 PM on State Street in between State Sider and the Towers. Please think about baking something and volunteering at this event-it is not your average bake sale 🙂
- Farm Mob: THIS SUNDAY! the 30th. We’ll be leaving at 11AM meeting in the turn around next to College Library and returning by 4.
- Campus Clean up: October 21st from 12-2. We still need ideas for how to participate in this campus event.
- Slow Food Cafe involvement: We will be volunteering to help prepare food on the 23rd before helping serve food on the 24th from 11-2pm. Look for a doodle poll to sign up in the coming weeks.
There are many more events and volunteer opportunities coming up in the next few weeks. If you have any ideas or suggestions for the events let us know! See you at the next meeting on Wednesday, October 3rd.