Welcome back to campus REthinkers! We hope everyone had a great summer and is happy settling in their new digs for the new year. Its going to be a great year and we’re looking forward to meeting new members and working together on new projects! Here are some of the opportunities coming up in the first couple weeks of…s_____ (I am not going to say the “s” word) 🙂
- Camp Randall Recycling: The first football game is in less than a week and we need helpers for the kick off of the new recycling program. The game starts at 2:30 on Saturday the 1st, for those of you that dont know, 🙂 so volunteers will need to get there around 12:30.We are looking for 20 volunteers! Stay tuned for the doodle poll. http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/1089770362078
- Iron Man: We Conserve is volunteering at the Madison Iron Man on Sunday September 9th and they need us REthinkers to help out! Times and volunteering schedule to come!
- Student Org Fair: Its that time of year again! We need volunteers for the fair at the Kohl Center on September 11th from 4:45 to 8:15. We should try to have at least 4 or 5 people on shift throughout the event. Remember this is before our kick-off meeting, so we will have to coordinate over email and send out a doodle poll to make sure we get enough volunteers. Maybe people would be able to stay for a few hours? This is a great event to catch up with other members!
- Speaking of…KICK OFF MEETING: Our Kick-Off meeting will be on Wednesday September 12th in Science Hall in Room 15 from 6 until 7.
- Greenpalooza: We Conserve is hosting on State Street Mall, Friday September 14th form 11 until 2 PM. We will be looking for volunteers to help out during the event. This will be a great way to recruit members for REthink! More information about other things happening during this event coming soon.
- Bike the Barns: Bike the Barns is a 60 mile bike ride starting and ending in Verona with stops at Bleu Mont Diary, Vermont Valley Community Farm, and Dreamfarm. Volunteering for the event will start around 7 AM on Sunday September 16th. They are looking for 10-15 volunteers the day of the event. Nik will be driving to the event, but we will also be looking for two more volunteers with cars.
Well thats all for now, be sure to be on the look out for the doodle polls for some of these events. Look forward to see you all very soon!!