Big thank you to everyone who came to the meeting tonight to vote for next year’s leadership positions! In case you didnt make it here are the results:
Co-Chairs: Austin Yantes, Andrea Perkins, Eric Katzelnick
Vice Chair: Elise Wirkus, Eva Baldinger
Treasurer: Courtney Holdt
Secretary: Kysa Stocking
Communications: Brady Loomis, Ashley Berg
Teaching Waste Management: Eva Baldinger
Farm Mobbing: Jenna Walsh
Athletics: Michael Li
Compost Carry-Out: VACANT
Bottle Free Badgers: Mariana Debernardini, Aaron Conradt
Congratulations to all those who were elected leaders and for those that are still interested, Moving-Days and Compost Carry-Out are still open.
Our end of the year party will be next week at Picnic Point from 6 until 8. See you there!
Here is what we have coming up the next couple of weeks of school.
- The Sustainability Forum is tomorrow 5/2 from 12-3 at the Engineering Centers Building. There will be a ton of great speakers and free food!
- Our semester Bake Sale will be taking place tomorrow night 5/2, rain or shine! from 10pm until 2am. Please bake whatever you would like and bring it to the table. We will also need volunteers to work the table so please see if you are available tomorrow night.
- Farm Mob this Sunday at FH King, the 80 bus takes you there, it is by the hospital and Picnic Point. We will be there from 2 until 5p
- Crestwood, clearing out the mustard seed is also this Sunday from 1 until 3p. We are meeting behind Science Hall at 12:30p. We have plenty of transportation so just bring yourself, remember not to wear fleece or the mustard seed will stick to you
- Our end of the year party is next Wednesday during regular meeting time, although people will be out at Picnic Point around 6. Bring food to grill and share!
- Housing Move out is May 11th through the 18th from 10am until 6pm. Here are the following sign ups for each dorm, feel free to sign up for any of the dorms for as much time as you can:
Chadbourne, Dejope, Elizabeth Waters, Holt Commons, Ogg, Sellery, Smith, Witte
Hey REthinkers, hope this rain isn’t washing you out because we have a ton to do this month and we’ll be looking for all your help. Here’s whats coming up, please click on the events for sign up information and more information:
Dream Farm Barn and silos.
We hope that everyone had a terrific spring break where ever you were and that your Monday being back has been great. Remember that were are still working hard on our Bottle Free Badgers campaign and that this April we have many events to look forward to (including the snow melting), Mugs on the Mall, Campus Clean Up, Farm Mobs, and many more.
- We do have a Farm Mob this weekend, 4/6 from 11AM until 4PM at Dream Farm. If you’re interested in joining us click here to sign up.
- Our weekly meetings continue this week, Wednesday at 7:00 in Room 15 of Science Hall. Jack Kloppenburg will be speaking with us. This is very exciting because he is our staff supervisor and has lots of information about how REthink got started. See you then!
World Water Week is March 11-15 and we have a lot of events that week and leading up to it. We have over 500 feet of strung water bottles! Way to go everyone!
-Monday: Bascom Hill Display, sign up to help setup this great display.
-Tuesday: We will be petitioning in Library Mall and at East Campus Mall, sign up here for those times. George Dreckmann will be speaking in Room 15 of Science Hall at 6:00pm to talk about the importance of reducing waste.
-Wednesday: We are showing “Flow” at 9:30 at the Marquee at Union South. Bring your friends!
-Thursday: We will continue to petition in Library Mall and at East Campus Mall. Sign up here for those times. We will also have Tap Water Taste Testing at College Library.
- WIAA Boys Basketball: Volunteer Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, there are lots of times to volunteer. Sign up here to help eliminate the waste from this event.
- Trash Audit: on Friday 3/15 at a local elementary school. Let Eva know if you’re interested, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to keep promoting the Bottle Free Badger’s Facebook page and petition. Have a great week!