Welcome new and old REthinkers! Our kickoff meeting was a great success and we had a great turn out. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR COMING AND WE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN NEXT WEEK! There are a few events already coming up.
Come help Recycle on Saturday at Camp Randall!
- Today, Friday the 14th, is Greenapaloza- help kick start our Compost Carry Out campaign. Library Mall from 11-2!! (sorry for the short notice on the website, maybe stop by for the last couple hours)
- SATURDAY, SEPT. 15th. Recycling at Camp Randall-interested in promoting recycling AND getting to see the Badger game FOR FREE?! Come volunteer!
- For those that were interested in the Farm Mobbing campaigns, the next trip is to JenEhr on September 23rd. More information to come!
We have a lot of campaigns and speakers this semester coming up so if these events arent for you, or you don’t have time this week- DONT WORRY! There are many more campaigns to choose from . If you weren’t able to make this week’s Kickoff Meeting, our next meeting will be Wednesday, September 19th from 6:00-7:00 in Room 15 of Science Hall. Hope to see you there!
Hey there REthinkers! Great job this week, lots of events going on and everyone did terrific work! SHOUT OUT to Rachel for setting it all up MUGS ON THE MALL and DOUBLE SHOUT OUT to REDAMTE for providing us with coffee and hot chocolate! In the last few weeks of school there are still lots of way to get involved and earn your hours to receive HONORED MEMBER STATUS-check with Taylor G to see how close you are to getting Honored Member Status!
- Farm Mob: We’ll be helping out F.H. King this Sunday from 10 until 2. We’re meeting to bike over at 9:30 between College Library and Memorial Union. Sign up here if you’re interested.
- Bake Sale: Next Thursday, May 3rd, from 9 pm until whenever the food is gone. We need people to bake and volunteer.
- End of the Year Party!: Friday May 11th, 5:30-6:30. We’ll be celebrating the end of the year at Vilas Park, near the zoo!
At MUGS ON THE MALL we didn't let the rain stop us from making REthinkers out of any Badger we saw!
For those REthinkers that will be in Madison this summer, and those that are planning to visit, there are lots of events to look forward to:
- Bucky Barrels: Emily has received the grant for her summer project!! Congratulations Emily! Contact Emily Adams if you’re around this summer and want to help out!
- Compost Carryout: The pamphlet and logo have been made and now its time to put this into action! If you’re interested in helping out this summer with the campaign and making surveys, contact Jared!
More information is coming about Apartment move out in August and a possible Devils Lake trip for over the summer. Dorm move out information will be provided at the next meeting. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW LEADERS OF RETHINK, NEXT SEMESTER IS GOING TO BE THE MOST SUSTAINABLE YET! Congratulations also goes out to Julian who got his article published in every newspaper he submitted it to, way to go! Remember that t-shirts are still available, get ‘em now to show ‘em off over the summer!
After a very successful Potluck dinner/meeting last night, it’s time to relax and enjoy spring break. We hope everyone has a relaxing, productive, and safe week! When we get back there are lots of events in April that need lots of participation-you can do it! Get that Honored Member status and have some fun!
- After break, get ready! There is a Farm Mob event every weekend. If you are interested, especially if you have a car, come out and join us on the farm!
- During the rest of the semester and during the SUMMER, Emily has started BUCKY BARRELS and will need help with the rain collectors and the rain garden. If you have ideas of educational events or want to volunteer email Emily: email@example.com
- April 16th is the Nelson Institute’s 6th Earth Day Conference. They are looking for volunteers, even if it is just for an hour. Volunteer and get a free lunch-this also counts as an event for REthink!
- April 18th, 20th, 24th, and 26th we are working with the Boys and Girls Club on a recycling project. This is a great opportunity to get recycling education experience!
- April 25th is MUGS ON THE MALL! For more information and to sign up to volunteer: MOTM Doodle MOTM FB event
- April 26th is the Wear Red, Get Fed event. REthink is tabling and needs 5 people to help table, here is the Doodle to volunteer: WRGF Doodle
After choosing a great name, COMPOST CARRYOUT, we’re ready to get started. If you would like to help with this campaign email Jared at firstname.lastname@example.org. You all have great ideas and help make REthink GREAT! We want YOU to run for a leadership position for next year. We’re looking for someone to step up to positions such as: Co-char, Vice Chair, Secretary, Communications, Treasurer, Campaign Director. Please let Kat and Luke know what you’re interested in and how you want to get involved!
HAVE A GREAT SPRING BREAK EVERYONE, SEE YOU IN APRIL!