Hopefully by now all your midterms are over and you can focus on activities you actually enjoy instead of studying, LIKE HANGING OUT WITH THE RETHINK GANG! We’ve been talking about an end of the year social during meetings and now its time to vote (of course if you have other ideas PLEASE email us!) ALSO if you’re interested in applying for a leadership position for next year please let us know by FRIDAY! We encourage everyone to run for something they are interested in, this is a great way to get involved ! As always here are our volunteer opportunities for the upcoming weeks:
- Boys and Girls Club: Help teach waste management to 3rd-6th graders. This is a great way to get education experience on a topic we’re all interested about! Sign up here!
- Mt. Horeb Recycling: We will be giving a powerpoint presentation at this event on Thursday from 6-8. We have transportation set up so if you’re interested in participating come on down!
- Farm Mobs: Sunday is going to be a great outing with lots going on! Please click hereif youre interested in attending.
- MUGS ON THE MALL: It’s finally here ladies and gentlemen! The MUGS ON THE MALL event will be from 7-11 AM in College Library. (DUNK TANK will possibly be making an appearance-stay tuned). Come join the party!
- Wear Red Get Fed: This even will be next Thursday from 12-3. We know you have some RED, come show it off!
Other events happening on campus and around Madison are great ways to network and meet possible employers. Clean Wisconsin is hosting a talk with Kate Gordon about clean energy. This event will be on Thursday April 26th from 7-8:30 at the Inn on the Park. The address is 22 S Carroll St. Check out the Facebook event and RSVP! On April 22 at 7:00 at Union South (TITU) come celebrate EARTH DAY! with Dr. Monica White and WUD-Alternative Breaks for a discussion about urban agriculture in Detroit. Dr. White will be speaking about the history of urban agriculture in the city and the current climate surrounding the issue. Hope to see you there! If you have any questions about the events or running for a leadership position please feel free to email us!